Akela 80:20 Suffolk Duck Grain-Free Working Dog Food (80% DUCK, 31% FRESHLY PREPARED)
Akela Duck is a great choice for dogs with known food allergies to grains or ingredients such as chicken or beef. The recipe uses only duck (including duck fat) whereas some other brands will claim duck but then use chicken fat or chicken gravy.
Approximate Kibble Sizes (can vary slightly from batch to batch):
Small Paws (for small breeds and puppies) 10mm wide x 4mm deep
Medium (regular) 14mm wide x 5mm deep
Big Paws (for large breeds) 18mm wide x 7mm deep
What is 80:20 dog food? 80:20 describes the ratio of key components in this superior quality working dog food. 80% meat and animal ingredients, 20% fruit, vegetables and botanicals, NO grains or fillers.
- 80% delicious human-grade duck from Suffolk
- No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- No Genetically-Modified ingredients
- Highly digestible ingredients
- Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM and Cranberries added for extra benefits
- Made in Britain
- Single source novel protein - perfect for allergy-prone dogs
- 80% Duck (46% Rehydrated Duck, 31% Freshly Prepared Duck, 2% Duck Fat, 1% Duck Stock)
- Sweet Potato 9%, Tapioca 3%, Chickpeas 2%, Alfalfa/Lucerne 2%, Linseed 2%
- Vitamins, Minerals
- Chicory, Carrot, Tomato, Apple, Pear, Cranberry, Mulberry, Orange, Bilberry, Cowberry, Mixed Herbs, Parsley, Peppermint, Spirulina, Seaweed, Chamomile, Rosehips, Nettle, Yucca Extract, Marigold, Aniseed & Fenugreek, Cinnamon
- Joint Support [Glucosamine (180 mg/kg), MSM (180 mg/kg)
- Chondroitin Sulphate (125 mg/kg)].
Vitamins: Vitamin A (retinyl acetate) 14,425 IU, Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 2,165 IU, Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol acetate) 95mg; Trace Elements: Ferrous Sulphate Monohydrate 160 mg, Zinc Sulphate Monohydrate 133.5 mg, Manganous Sulphate Monohydrate 105 mg, Cupric Sulphate Pentahydrate 58 mg, Calcium Iodate Anhydrous 1.58 mg, Sodium Selenite 0.64 mg
- Protein: 32%
- Oils&Fats: 17.0%
- Fibre: 4.6%
- Minerals: 11%
- Calcium: 1.9%
- Phosphorous: 1.4%
- Omega 6: 2.4%
- Omega 3: 1%
- Moisture: 8.0%
- NFE: 26.7%
- Metabolisable Energy: 350Kcal/100g
- Copper: 19.8mg/Kg
Theoretical values: Sodium (Salt) 0.38%* Potassium 0.9%*, Copper: 19.8 mg/kg*
*Theoretical levels are background levels inherent within raw materials within the recipes. Background levels are variable due to natural raw material variation and the effects of the extrusion process. The salt and potassium are not added to the recipe specifically.
See Feeding Guide Tab For Full Info
Akela kibble is extruded with a Thermal Twin extruder using the lowest temperatures possible; producing more digestible foods without the nutrient degradation that can be seen at high-temperature processing. The extrusion and drying processes do not use very high temperatures – just over 90 degrees centigrade (the minimum for safety reasons) and under 180 degrees centigrade - lower than cooking a pizza! Allowing proteins to stay highly digestible and natural vitamins and minerals to survive the process to make premium quality food. More delicious ingredients are added after extrusion - for example, the vitamin levels stated in the nutritional additive section are added after cooking to guarantee minimum temperatures.