Akela 80:20 Puppy/Adult Scottish Salmon Grain-Free Working Dog Food (80% SALMON, 61% FRESHLY PREPARED)
What is 80:20 dog food? 80:20 describes the ratio of key components in this superior quality working dog food. 80% meat and animal ingredients, 20% fruit, vegetables and botanicals, NO grains or fillers.
- 80% Scottish Salmon
- Protein-packed nutrition
- No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives used
- No Genetically-Modified ingredients
- 1000mg/kg Glucosamine Joint Support, Chondroitin, MSM, Prebiotics and Cranberries added for extra healthy benefits
- Made in Britain
Approximate Kibble Sizes:
Small Paws (for small breeds and puppies) 8mm wide x 4mm deep
Medium (regular) 14mm wide x 5mm deep
Big Paws (for large breed adults) 18mm wide x 7mm deep
- Freshly Prepared Salmon (61%), Dehydrated Salmon (15%)
- Sweet Potato (12%), Tapioca (6%), Salmon Oil (3%), Salmon Stock (1%), Chickpeas, Coconut Oil, Alfalfa/Lucerne, Linseed, Lentils
- Vitamins & Minerals
- Prebiotic FOS (1900 mg/kg)
- Organic Spinach, Organic Pumpkin, Dried Cranberry, Dried Apple, Green Lipped Mussel, Seaweed
- Joint Support [Glucosamine (1000 mg/kg), MSM (1000 mg/kg), Chondroitin Sulphate (700 mg/kg)]
- Yucca Schidigera Extract, Camomile, Marigold, Aniseed & Fenugreek, Peppermint, Dried Dandelion, Dried Pear, Blueberry, Fennel, Organic Honey <0.0001%, Burdock Root Powder, Rosehips, Garlic Powder <0.0001%.
Vitamins: Vitamin A (retinyl acetate) 14,400 IU, Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 2,165 IU, Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol acetate) 95 mg; Trace Elements: Ferrous Chelate of Amino Acids Hydrate 320mg, Manganous Chelate of Amino Acids Hydrate 224mg. Sulphate Monohydrate 133.5mg, Manganous Sulphate Monohydrate 105mg, Cupric Sulphate Pentahydrate 58mg, Calcium Iodate Anhydrous 1.58mg, Sodium Selenite 0.64mg; Technological Additives: Enterococcus faecium cernelle 68 (SF68; NCIMB 10415) 1,000,000,000cfu as an aid in the establishment, maintenance and restoration of a balanced gut flora in dogs.
- Protein: 34.5%
- Oils & Fats: 17%
- Fibre: 1.5%
- Ash: 9.5%
- Calcium: 1.4%
- Phosphorous: 0.9%
- Omega 6: 1.1%
- Omega 3: 4.7%
- Moisture: 8.5%
- NFE: 29%
- Metabolisable Energy: 367Kcal/100g
- Copper: 14.42mg/Kg
Theoretical values: Sodium (Salt) 0.59%* Potassium 0.57%*, Copper: 20.4 mg/kg*
*Theoretical levels are background levels inherent within raw materials within the recipes. Background levels are variable due to natural raw material variation and the effects of the extrusion process. The salt and potassium are not added to the recipe specifically.
See Feeding Guide Tab For Full Info
Akela kibble is extruded with a Thermal Twin extruder using the lowest temperatures possible; producing more digestible foods without the nutrient degradation that can be seen at high-temperature processing. The extrusion and drying processes do not use very high temperatures – just over 90 degrees centigrade (the minimum for safety reasons) and under 180 degrees centigrade - this is lower than a pizza! This means that proteins stay highly digestible and natural vitamins and minerals survive the process better. Some ingredients are added after extrusion too - for example, all vitamin levels stated in the nutritional additive section are added after cooking to guarantee minimum levels.